Collection: Part 2

Reflection

First week's reflection from 13th to 16th June.

reflection 13th &14th June 2017

DESCRPITION
Try to find a balance between my concept(or idea) and the photos' discipline (e.g:location,framing,props...)

REFLECTION
It is very difficult to find a balance between the concept and discipline at the beginning.My concept (key word of my feeling) is lazy and tired, blend but unique,nervous and decadence, invisible.(and I also made some research about terrorist and Freud Sigmund's theory.) So I want my pictures could represent a sweet and flesh  but in a kind of black humour way in vision, and the emotion of my pictures is about some crazy murder, the people with mental problem snd terrorist.I found many bright colour, like pink colour architecture, orange colour rubbish bin, but those object only suitable for my vision requirement, it can not represent my concept, it can not show a contrast.Even though I didn't those 'wrong picture' into my self portrait,but I got some inspiration from those mistakes and also found some point to link my pictures and idea smoothly.For example, I took a picture which I lay down on the ground in a lazy and tired body language, that doesn't suit for my requirement, but later I found out I could use those kind of body language on a colourful place to represent I was killed and dismembered by some terrorist.

ACTION PLAN
Next, I'll combine my concept and those self portrait that I already chosen,and further develop them into some design idea. Because I'm going to study menswear design in BA course, I want to make some experiment(with fabric) at the same time make another two research about artist.

A REFLECTIVE REVIEW

DESCRIPTION
Drawing skill

REFLECTION
Because I'm not good at drawing, so it take a long time to represent my idea on the paper by sketch, and also the speed of drawing still make a bad time management.I also think, for design the sketch is the best way to show my idea than any other way.I didn't spend much time to practice my drawing skill is also the point that why I still don't fix this problem.

ACTION PLAN
Firstly spend more time to improve my drawing skill,practice drawing at least third times a week, and see more drawing artist work copy and learn from then and try to find my own drawing style.

Drawing Artist Reflection 16th June 2017

1.I analys Valie Export's work, he combine body figure and enviornment and create a vision effect that the body is part of the environment or the structure and architecture is part of the human body.He is good at using space to create a blend vision effect.And that make me consider about my work, I also try to make a balance between the space and people, but is always seems not that perfect to create a balanced space,it inspire me to draw a structure to make my picture better.
62ed0261548a830a94ad6714213b9fca.jpg
18e7b88271eeeac93a230b02351b65f2.jpg

2.Acrodding Daniel Burren's work I find some new drawing way, there is lots of colour in his works, not only the big size painting he also use different colourful line to create silhouette,that inspire me a new drawing way.Because I seldom use much colour to draw my work I usually black,white and grey colour, and also I only use bright colour to highlight something,but through his work I would like to try some bright colour to create silhouette.

fdcf3eae3f6362903a928365e081cf25.jpg

Reflection 16th June 2017

DESCRIPTION
Use different way to draw same things.

REFLECTION
I try to draw some object in different angle in the same paper and also try to close my eyes and drawing what my classmate describe to me. I found out this two way of drawing is interesting, it will create some new vision effect by chance.For example,I use three different angle and 3 different pens to draw some sofa on one paper, the final outcome is better than I only draw in one angle and pen, this drawing way makes the whole work have a ample vision effect.
IMG_3031.JPG

ACTION PLAN
Next I will practice those drawing in private time and try to find a balance with my picture and other drawing work that I already done on my sketchbook and use those way to create a better vision effect.

Daily Reflection 19th June 2017

Description
I made a research about the Midland Grand Hotel A.K.A the St. Pancras renaissance Hotel nowadays.

Reflection
I focus on the Midland Grand Hotel,which was establish in the Victorian era,and combine the historical background, I also made a research about the society environment and the industrial revolution (because the hotel's lift is use the hydraulic to push the life up and down,this is an invention of the industrial revolution)I found out that there is many creepy things and society phenomenon in that period,like people enjoy to watch the horror show or taking weird photos,for example family's member all wear the creepy and weird costume to entertain each other or use some technique to create a vision effect that is a person hold his head like somebody cut it also in a peaceful emotion.
23312aY6-0.jpg
2331294616-2.jpg
Action Plan
Next I'll further analyse why people in victorian era enjoy to do creepy thing.

Daily Reflection 20th June 2017

Description
According to my research, further develop them into idea sketch and small piece experiment.

Reflection
I picked up the important factors from each research's picture that I printed.And draw it in my own understanding,save it for later to draw my design sketches.And I also made an experiment by analyse the Victorian's rank and fashion people's dressing code, I found out that those kind of proper always dress the garment with layering design or dress a lot of clothes to create a layering style.I try to use one colour and one pieces of fabric to create the layering effect, but I think is not that success, it maybe because the material of the fabric is too simple, can no represent the layering effect in the perfect way.9a7fe4b677994658e742c66c8845c442.jpg
c64c82bb3f454175a009b3aab5ca3e9f.jpg

Action Plan
I'll use more different kind of material to make my experiment to try more possible, and also combine my experiment and idea sketch that I get from my research and start to draw design sketches.

Daily Reflection 22nd June 2017

Description
I analyse the gothic interior design of the Renaissance Hotel, and Alexander Mcqueen, Ann demeulemeester's gothic style menswear and create a sample.

Reflection
On this experiment, I focus on create a goth style 3D sample of my understanding, I found out that in gothic style interior design, there is a lot of black factor which around the wall or the ceiling, is like a square to encircle the main structure, also in the gothic style fashion design, they like to use some fabric to encircle the main fabric, to create a tight vision effect, like some thing chocked by some factor, I use one piece of fabric to create some layering which also exist in Mcqueen and Ann's design. And by sewing then tight to create a tighten and chocked vision effect, but it does not success, because I use the grey cloth to make it, Ithink the texture and colour an not represent the gothic style well.

Action Plan
I will go to find some fabric, like leather, silk or canvas to redo my experiment, try if those fabric could represent the gothic style or not.

Daily Reflection 26th June 2017

Description
I combine my 20 century object which is a linen one piece dress,and a linen and yarn trousers which is from 21 century and mix them together to create a structure and draw some idea sketch.

Reflection
I make a little research about the object that I chose in 20 century and combine the historical background and the object from 21 century, according those factor, I use different material to draw the idea sketches,like watercolour, pastel, pencil.And this way really help me to have more specific idea into further develop my project.

Action Plan 
Next I will make more information research about the historical events and analyse the detail to further develop those into my design ideas and design sketches.

Reflection 29th June 2017

Description
According the 3d sample and the design sketches that I draw, start to make my final out come.

Reflection
I try to make a garment that could represent the situation that those people survival from that explore event, focus on their skin texture and they always want to hide their body. The most difficult thing is the pattern cutting, because I want to use one piece to represent both hide and show to outside, it didn't success, the pattern cutting is always somewhere wrong, it can't show the outside part correctly.

Action Plan
Next I will re-measure the body figure and reading some pattern cutting books to fix this problem.

Reflection 6th July 2017

Description
draping drawing on body

Reflection
In the practice I chose part of my partner's body and try to make a draping cut on it, at first I felt this skill is very easy to learn and useless, but after I cut the shape of my partner's body part and make it into pattern cutting, I find out it is a really useful skill, it made the fabric or garment more suitable with the human body, and actually it's no that easy to do it, it depends on what kind of material I will use, for example leather or some hard material is more difficult than paper or cotton.

Action Plan
Since I find out it's a really useful skill in fashion design, I will try to use it more in my menswear design later.

Daily Reflection 10th July 2017

When I know this is a corporation project and my partner's subject area, I find out that it is really difficult to combine our design skill to make a stuff, so we both decide to find another art area and start the project together.We decided to create some stuff relevant to graphic and menswear design but make it more like an installation art.

IMG_3437.JPG.4
In visual effect this garment look like a vintage garment include the texture, colour and silhouette,but this garment is made last year with modern materials and technique,the whole visual effect is make me think about  time travel and I just wondering the people wear this garment must be a leisure style gentlemen.

IMG_3435.JPG
The most interesting thing about the Wunderkammer's work is collect daily things and clean it to make an exhibition in the museum,so we decide to collect or observe some daily normal things try to put them into my design ideas.

IMG_3441.JPG
My partner's major is Graphic design and she is really interested with typographic design and good at making poster and using PS, AI.I'm study menswear design so I want to make some designs on body combine my partner's subject, for example we will find some different human body part with tattoo, analyse what those tattoo look in different part of body, and create a 3D work together

Crit sheet 15th June 2017

1.I want to represent my decadence and a little bit lazy through the hazy and silence London area and also the  terrorism events happened in London recently.And combine the shine London area(including some colourful architecture and colourful object) to make a vision contrast.IMG_2877.jpg

2.I think there is two part in London, the shine London and the hazy London, the building, street, store and the colour,the position to the sun light is obvious contrast, and also because some terrorism events happened in those day, give me a big shock and some inspiration, so I try to combine them to represent my feeling about London and those events.IMG_7095.jpg.1

3.I find some object that with bright and flesh colour(like colourful architecture,wall,desk,etc) and some place that without the sun light and using my lazy body language to create a sweet but weird emotion.IMG_2896.jpg.1

4.The others think my work has a good balance between the colour and body language,they could see a contrast on it, is very literally, but they also said that I could develop more material to show on my pictures.
Through their words,I try to further develop the colour part in my work and try to use more material,like fabric,metal ,string, to find if there is other way to represent my idea.

5.I'll make some research about some murder and people with mental problem and further develop my original idea to create a black humours atmosphere.

Self Portrait-Development + Presentation workshop 15th June 2017

1.Werid honey

2.I cut my picture is many pieces and put then into a yellow guard bar which have some broke bricks inside,and use iron wire and yellow string hang some brick(which cut from my picture) on the yellow guard bar ,and also use twin adhesive to stick some brick(which cut from my picture) on the broke bricks,and use different angle to stick my desk and myself(which cut form my picture) to create a vision effect that like I fall down in to the guard bar to show my concept.

3.I cut my self portrait and collage it on the guard bar and break bricks.
IMG_2989.JPG

4.I will do a little research with about people have mental problem and some murder's picture to make people could understand my concept and idea.

Reflection 15th June 2017

DESCRIPTION
Try to create a more obviously vision effect to represent my idea.

REFLECTION
Because I want to combine those terrorism events happened in London recently,(and I also make some research about people that have mental problem to kill people in a hash way).But my original picture is not that obvious to show it.So I cut my original picture into many small pieces and making a collage on some break brick to create a situation that I was push down to the ground and some brick just cover me.

ACTION PLAN
Next I will try different way to develop my self portrait by using photoshop,different filter,and print one picture then put on different place to take a new photo.

Daily Reflection 21st June 2017

Description
I start to analyse the fashion designers that relevant to my previous research.

Reflection
In each of my previous research I chose one or more factor that I want to further develop it into fashion design sketch or experiment, For example, I research the gothic structure inside the Renaissance Hotel, it inspire me to look at some gothic style fashion brand, like Alexander Mcqueen and Ann demeulemeester, and after analyse this two brand's fashion style and design, I made a piece of sample to represent my own understanding of gothic style to show the abstinence, restraint and dark.But it is very difficult to design the colour of gothic style, because I do not want to use black, white, or red only, I want to break some rules of the traditional imagination of gothic style, I have try some different colour to suit on the gothic style design, but actually all fail, it maybe because I only use different colour but did not change the material or the texture.
7c491a30e40e4bddd8f5478c23f2b9a1.jpg
5825a6dc4f57732f8388b6b2649d0fd1.jpg

Action Plan
I'll try to find some different material and fabric(at least 3 each),and put then on my design sketch try to find the most suitable one.

Daily Reflection 23rd June 2017

Description
Combine my work on the sketchbook I go to fabric market find some pieces of fabric and analyse them to draw my design sketches and make them into piece.

Reflection
On my previous research, I find some pictures of the rank and fashion people's dressing code also analyse their garment's material, fabric and style.I find out that they like to wear some luxury fabric,like silk, velvet, tweed, and also create the layering dressing.But those fabric are very expensive, so I find some relative fabric like the fake silk and only use one piece of fabric and switch them to create a layering vision effect.

Action Plan
I'll further develop those fabric which I bought,and analyse those kind of less expensive fabric's shape and quality,and design my own layering style.

Action Plan (time warp)

1.Tuesday:be specific,make a research of the historical events(the explode in the linen factory which happened in 1987,China) and collect the news picture,make vision analyse in sketchbook.
2.Wednesday:according the research that I made yesterday chose some detail and factor,start to making task and small pieces of sample.
3.Thursday:analyse the experiment that I made yesterday, and also make some research about the artist and fashion designers that relative to my previous works and further develop it into design sketch.And chose some design sketch that I draw and make a collection.
4.Friday:chose one design sketch that from my collection,start to make the 3D final outcome.

Crit sheet feedback

My classmate can not understand my concept and idea clearly,because they think there are too much information(picture and idea sketch and vision annotation) on my sketchbook.

I write a lot words annotation on my sketchbook but I didn't make a lot of word annotation linkage on my sketchbook thats why they can not understand my work clearly.

On my TIME WARP project I'll try to write more specific annotation to make sure that everyone could understand what I'm doing, give more strong evidence to show my research information and my experiment.

Daily Reflection 28th June 2017

Description
According the idea sketchesI draw,I made some small 3d samples.

Reflection
Because I made some research about the powder explore event which happened in 1987, China, I applied AB glue on the fabric to create a skin's burn's vision effect,and I also try to add some colour, like brown, black and blue to make the fabric more like the real skin.But the shape of the glue(when it dry) is very difficult to control, so some small pieces that I made is not that similar to the shape that on the human body.

Action Plan
I will try to create some shape by using the AB rule when it doesn't dry, for example use wood board to stop the AB glue's flow.

Reflection 5th July 2017

Description
First time try to present as a PechaKucha

Reflection
This is my first time to present an drawing artist that affect me a lot in 20 seconds, is a little bit nervous, when I giving a presentation in public I feel like I forgot all the words that I prepared before the speech, I think it maybe because I didn't try to give a presentation without looking at the notes that I made on notebook.

Action Plan
Next I will try to prepare my 20 pictures PechaKucha in private time without looking at the notes.

Reflection 11th July 2017

Description
Combine typography into menswear design

Reflection
Since our project concept is time travel so I use this title for pattern cutting design to make a typography garment which is a garment when somebody wear it and after pave it on wall or some where it will become a typography design.I find out is really difficult to change every letter into a part of garment, like sleeve and collar.I use 3 hours to consider about it and try to use letter to build a silhouette, and finally some part of it fail , the most difficult part is make a letter shape become a sleeve.

Action Plan
Next I will redo the sleeve part of the typography garment, they to find a way to make a letters into a part of garment.

Daily Reflection 12th July 2017

Description
Make typography in different material.

Reflection
I analyse the Russian criminal tattoo and different quality of tattoo on human body recently, and I find out that there have many reason to make the tattoo texture different on human body, for example the colour is too dark or it turn into a scar on body.I use clay as a human body to represent the different kind and texture of tattoos. But because the clay is too soft some of the task is fail, like i want it to represent a scar visual effect but the tattoo on clay is too small,it can't be up on it.

Action Plan
Next I will try use bigger clay and draw bigger tattoo on it, see if there have similar visual effect and texture on it, like on the human body.

Reflection 14th July 2017

Positive:
Firstly I think I start to use different way to think about how to develop my idea, this is my first time to try to combine typography into my design. Secondly I try to making something different from menswear design, because we try to make our final out more like an installation art, which is a new starting point for both of us.

Challenging:
1.I was focus on the collaboration outcome and did not have a good time management of my own work.
2.combine ove concept TIME TRAVEL's letter into a pattern cutting.

Part 2 Final Evaluation

What you have learned from the course so far?

There is two things that I learned in the one month course.Firstly I learned the draping drawing in Week 4, I found out it is really useful, with this skill, I can create and design some garments which is more suitable of the human body figure, and also it could create some 3D shape more easily than make a pattern cutting. Secondly, I learned how to develop my design work from the researches and experiments that I made faster from the 1 on 1 tutorial.

What can you do with the knowledge, skills and understanding you have now, compared to what you could do at the start of the course?

I can develop the idea into my design faster, I used to think too much, and need a lot of research to ample my work but I always go wrong direction, some times make my work look like a costume design.And also I find more interested in drawing, I used to scared of drawing because I don’t know how to draw and also with a slowly speed.

How has you approach to research and analysis changed?(reflect on your contemporary context project and other research)

I used to focus on historical research and analysis but now I try to do more research about contemporary research and combine it with historical research to analysis it and take the details from it to create my own design.

How has your approach to your projects changed during the course?

I used to do my work with a slowly speed to develop my design and idea, I like to make a lot of researches, but I’m too focus on develop the idea and design from the researches, sometime it makes I work look like a re-create more than design, but now I try to more focus on design and develop my own ideas, and also try to focus on the details and the modern design rather than focus on develop on historical research, and try to make my work more like a fashion design student. not a costume student.

How has your appreciation of your specialist area developed? Do you feel that you are preparing to progress to your BA course?

I think I already understand the course system and I’m try to follow every step of it now, and also, I learned draping skill last month which could make my design more better and I can practice it at free time.For challenge myself, I make some difficult pattern cutting which is also helpful to my BA course.

What do you feel you have taken from the mixed discipline, and collaborative, environment? 
Is a really good way to know other different things and new subject area, I never thought about how to combine graphic design and menswear design together,(because I don't want the finally outcome look like a garment or a graphic design) and it’s a new way to get inspiration for the artist or the work that I never before.

Do you feel that you are achieving your personal goals?(For example the ones you identified in your enrolment reflective writing task)

No I don't think so, I’m still work on improve my drawing skill, but luckily I try to find some drawing style that I can learn and practice, and also I feel like I’m more positive about drawing now.

What do you consider to be your strengths at this stage of the course?
I think is pattern cutting, on this one mouth I try to make some garment with pattern cutting not like the fabric and combine them together, because I want to design some silhouette and also a “real garment”, I want the silhouette, visually, is a garment, not like I use a lot of different fabric combine together and made a big garment-like fabric, I want the silhouette not matter it’s complicate or minimal, it will have a 3D visual effect.So I try my best to make some pattern cutting which is really difficult for me, and try to use less pieces of fabric to represent it, and want to create an unitary garment in visual effect.

What skills, knowledge and understanding do you hope to develop in the second half of the course?
I think is drawing skill, I can draw better than now , the work on my sketchbook, but it take time, so I can’t have a good arranged of time.So I need to find some skill or drawing style which is clear and take less time to draw.

Reflection 18th July 2017

Because our object from museum is a cast of a man's suit. The colour and texture are very old like a 50's garment, but the technique is modern one. So I got inspiration from that to combine the old style and modern technique or the opposes way, and decide to use some old texture combine contemporary technique and silhouette to create my design.

We have a good beginning, we decide our title and what should we do at the first day, and later we work separate to focus on different part of the final outcome, but my part is too big and my partner's work is too small that look not combine well together, and also because the work speed is different so it cause us can't finish the individual work at the same time and work together, so some part of the garment is work by myself (it should be collaborative work originally) in a really fast speed that cause the quality look like didn't finish yet, and also there should be more designs/pieces about my partner which we decide to do at first but she is too busy to help others work I think that's why she doesn't have enough time to finish her own work or maybe she just change her design idea to show one part on our final outcome.

I think is the colour tone and materials analyse and try to find the more suitable one to combine it into the final outcome. Because the final outcome now looks like two totally different things just display together.

I think we didn't make enough conversation about how's the work develop and if one of us change the idea, and after 4 days she stop update the process to me, I think maybe we believe we could work separately and finish individual part with a good working skill, thats cause we didn't talk to each other too much.And I think  the most important thing in teamwork is conversation, exchange each other's idea daily, speak out when you agree or disagree, tell each other when you want to change your idea.

In my opinion is the shape and use the final outcome to communicate to the audience.

I think I will take the lessons about my partner's working area, I want to know more knowledge about my partner's area, after that I think I can understand it more clearly and we could work more smooth.

I like the collaboration with the textile student and the photography student Ruth,(I don't know their name) I think they have a nice teamwork they talk to each other lot and speak out their own idea even their different and they fix the problem between them, and their final outcome looks very suitable.

Final outcome
For my working part I chose calico, tweed and linen to represent the old age because the texture of the fabric is quiet familiar to the old one and also I use gesso(when it dry it will fall down lots of powder) and make the calico more separate and break to show the trace of time passing by 

The first two exhibition way is my partner's idea, she want to represent the time passing by and the movement so she want to somebody to wear it.
IMG_3729.JPG
IMG_3731.JPG.1

For my exhibition way, firstly I don't want the outcome look obviously as a garment, and also the typography on it I want it to be more abstract, so I decided to display it in a more stable way, to represent the time passing by secretly.
IMG_3758.JPG

DavOpinkTB
08 July 2017, 9:15 PM
DavOpinkTB
20 July 2017, 5:58 PM
Achat Kamagra Voir Le Profil  [url=http://cheapviapill.com]viagra[/url] Farmaco Levitra
2 comments