Collection: Part 2

Reflection

First week's reflection from 13th to 16th June.

reflection 13th &14th June 2017

DESCRPITION
Try to find a balance between my concept(or idea) and the photos' discipline (e.g:location,framing,props...)

REFLECTION
It is very difficult to find a balance between the concept and discipline at the beginning.My concept (key word of my feeling) is lazy and tired, blend but unique,nervous and decadence, invisible.(and I also made some research about terrorist and Freud Sigmund's theory.) So I want my pictures could represent a sweet and flesh  but in a kind of black humour way in vision, and the emotion of my pictures is about some crazy murder, the people with mental problem snd terrorist.I found many bright colour, like pink colour architecture, orange colour rubbish bin, but those object only suitable for my vision requirement, it can not represent my concept, it can not show a contrast.Even though I didn't those 'wrong picture' into my self portrait,but I got some inspiration from those mistakes and also found some point to link my pictures and idea smoothly.For example, I took a picture which I lay down on the ground in a lazy and tired body language, that doesn't suit for my requirement, but later I found out I could use those kind of body language on a colourful place to represent I was killed and dismembered by some terrorist.

ACTION PLAN
Next, I'll combine my concept and those self portrait that I already chosen,and further develop them into some design idea. Because I'm going to study menswear design in BA course, I want to make some experiment(with fabric) at the same time make another two research about artist.

A REFLECTIVE REVIEW

DESCRIPTION
Drawing skill

REFLECTION
Because I'm not good at drawing, so it take a long time to represent my idea on the paper by sketch, and also the speed of drawing still make a bad time management.I also think, for design the sketch is the best way to show my idea than any other way.I didn't spend much time to practice my drawing skill is also the point that why I still don't fix this problem.

ACTION PLAN
Firstly spend more time to improve my drawing skill,practice drawing at least third times a week, and see more drawing artist work copy and learn from then and try to find my own drawing style.

Drawing Artist Reflection 16th June 2017

1.I analys Valie Export's work, he combine body figure and enviornment and create a vision effect that the body is part of the environment or the structure and architecture is part of the human body.He is good at using space to create a blend vision effect.And that make me consider about my work, I also try to make a balance between the space and people, but is always seems not that perfect to create a balanced space,it inspire me to draw a structure to make my picture better.
62ed0261548a830a94ad6714213b9fca.jpg
18e7b88271eeeac93a230b02351b65f2.jpg

2.Acrodding Daniel Burren's work I find some new drawing way, there is lots of colour in his works, not only the big size painting he also use different colourful line to create silhouette,that inspire me a new drawing way.Because I seldom use much colour to draw my work I usually black,white and grey colour, and also I only use bright colour to highlight something,but through his work I would like to try some bright colour to create silhouette.

fdcf3eae3f6362903a928365e081cf25.jpg

Reflection 16th June 2017

DESCRIPTION
Use different way to draw same things.

REFLECTION
I try to draw some object in different angle in the same paper and also try to close my eyes and drawing what my classmate describe to me. I found out this two way of drawing is interesting, it will create some new vision effect by chance.For example,I use three different angle and 3 different pens to draw some sofa on one paper, the final outcome is better than I only draw in one angle and pen, this drawing way makes the whole work have a ample vision effect.
IMG_3031.JPG

ACTION PLAN
Next I will practice those drawing in private time and try to find a balance with my picture and other drawing work that I already done on my sketchbook and use those way to create a better vision effect.

Daily Reflection 19th June 2017

Description
I made a research about the Midland Grand Hotel A.K.A the St. Pancras renaissance Hotel nowadays.

Reflection
I focus on the Midland Grand Hotel,which was establish in the Victorian era,and combine the historical background, I also made a research about the society environment and the industrial revolution (because the hotel's lift is use the hydraulic to push the life up and down,this is an invention of the industrial revolution)I found out that there is many creepy things and society phenomenon in that period,like people enjoy to watch the horror show or taking weird photos,for example family's member all wear the creepy and weird costume to entertain each other or use some technique to create a vision effect that is a person hold his head like somebody cut it also in a peaceful emotion.
23312aY6-0.jpg
2331294616-2.jpg
Action Plan
Next I'll further analyse why people in victorian era enjoy to do creepy thing.

Daily Reflection 20th June 2017

Description
According to my research, further develop them into idea sketch and small piece experiment.

Reflection
I picked up the important factors from each research's picture that I printed.And draw it in my own understanding,save it for later to draw my design sketches.And I also made an experiment by analyse the Victorian's rank and fashion people's dressing code, I found out that those kind of proper always dress the garment with layering design or dress a lot of clothes to create a layering style.I try to use one colour and one pieces of fabric to create the layering effect, but I think is not that success, it maybe because the material of the fabric is too simple, can no represent the layering effect in the perfect way.9a7fe4b677994658e742c66c8845c442.jpg
c64c82bb3f454175a009b3aab5ca3e9f.jpg

Action Plan
I'll use more different kind of material to make my experiment to try more possible, and also combine my experiment and idea sketch that I get from my research and start to draw design sketches.

Daily Reflection 22nd June 2017

Description
I analyse the gothic interior design of the Renaissance Hotel, and Alexander Mcqueen, Ann demeulemeester's gothic style menswear and create a sample.

Reflection
On this experiment, I focus on create a goth style 3D sample of my understanding, I found out that in gothic style interior design, there is a lot of black factor which around the wall or the ceiling, is like a square to encircle the main structure, also in the gothic style fashion design, they like to use some fabric to encircle the main fabric, to create a tight vision effect, like some thing chocked by some factor, I use one piece of fabric to create some layering which also exist in Mcqueen and Ann's design. And by sewing then tight to create a tighten and chocked vision effect, but it does not success, because I use the grey cloth to make it, Ithink the texture and colour an not represent the gothic style well.

Action Plan
I will go to find some fabric, like leather, silk or canvas to redo my experiment, try if those fabric could represent the gothic style or not.

Brit sheet 15th June 2017

1.I want to represent my decadence and a little bit lazy through the hazy and silence London area and also the  terrorism events happened in London recently.And combine the shine London area(including some colourful architecture and colourful object) to make a vision contrast.IMG_2877.jpg

2.I think there is two part in London, the shine London and the hazy London, the building, street, store and the colour,the position to the sun light is obvious contrast, and also because some terrorism events happened in those day, give me a big shock and some inspiration, so I try to combine them to represent my feeling about London and those events.IMG_7095.jpg.1

3.I find some object that with bright and flesh colour(like colourful architecture,wall,desk,etc) and some place that without the sun light and using my lazy body language to create a sweet but weird emotion.IMG_2896.jpg.1

4.The others think my work has a good balance between the colour and body language,they could see a contrast on it, is very literally, but they also said that I could develop more material to show on my pictures.
Through their words,I try to further develop the colour part in my work and try to use more material,like fabric,metal ,string, to find if there is other way to represent my idea.

5.I'll make some research about some murder and people with mental problem and further develop my original idea to create a black humours atmosphere.

Self Portrait-Development + Presentation workshop 15th June 2017

1.Werid honey

2.I cut my picture is many pieces and put then into a yellow guard bar which have some broke bricks inside,and use iron wire and yellow string hang some brick(which cut from my picture) on the yellow guard bar ,and also use twin adhesive to stick some brick(which cut from my picture) on the broke bricks,and use different angle to stick my desk and myself(which cut form my picture) to create a vision effect that like I fall down in to the guard bar to show my concept.

3.I cut my self portrait and collage it on the guard bar and break bricks.
IMG_2989.JPG

4.I will do a little research with about people have mental problem and some murder's picture to make people could understand my concept and idea.

Reflection 15th June 2017

DESCRIPTION
Try to create a more obviously vision effect to represent my idea.

REFLECTION
Because I want to combine those terrorism events happened in London recently,(and I also make some research about people that have mental problem to kill people in a hash way).But my original picture is not that obvious to show it.So I cut my original picture into many small pieces and making a collage on some break brick to create a situation that I was push down to the ground and some brick just cover me.

ACTION PLAN
Next I will try different way to develop my self portrait by using photoshop,different filter,and print one picture then put on different place to take a new photo.

Daily Reflection 21st June 2017

Description
I start to analyse the fashion designers that relevant to my previous research.

Reflection
In each of my previous research I chose one or more factor that I want to further develop it into fashion design sketch or experiment, For example, I research the gothic structure inside the Renaissance Hotel, it inspire me to look at some gothic style fashion brand, like Alexander Mcqueen and Ann demeulemeester, and after analyse this two brand's fashion style and design, I made a piece of sample to represent my own understanding of gothic style to show the abstinence, restraint and dark.But it is very difficult to design the colour of gothic style, because I do not want to use black, white, or red only, I want to break some rules of the traditional imagination of gothic style, I have try some different colour to suit on the gothic style design, but actually all fail, it maybe because I only use different colour but did not change the material or the texture.
7c491a30e40e4bddd8f5478c23f2b9a1.jpg
5825a6dc4f57732f8388b6b2649d0fd1.jpg

Action Plan
I'll try to find some different material and fabric(at least 3 each),and put then on my design sketch try to find the most suitable one.